Home

True Story – Happened in Makkah, Saudi Arabia!!

This true incident happened to me at Masjid-ul Haram in Makkah, Saudi Arabia.

I had almost finished my Umra(short pilgrimage) and was in need of financial assistance. So I prayed to God, and went out of the Mosque to finish the final rites of Umra.And as I was going a  Turkish man carrying a 10 litre ‘Zam Zam’ water bottle, by mistake dropped it over my head (he was 6 feet tall and i am 5.3 feets tall).

I felt an urge to shout at him but God made me control my temper, and  instead I did Musabaha (Brotherly Embrace) with him, and forgave him.

I felt really good at heart and went to my hotel with inner happiness. There was still pain on my head, yet I had no choice but to go on with it and finish off my Umra by shaving my head or at least trimming it.   I left for the barber with 10 riyal note clutched on to my hand. I told the barber to shave my head and sat down. He started it and when he finished it, I gave the money to him. Astonishingly I didnt feel any pain during the process.

Then I saw a man behind me who recognized me even though I could barely recognize myself in the mirror after the shave. He was the same Turkish man. I greeted him and asked if he spoke English. He said yes. We had a friendly conversation and i asked him to dine with me on an Asian food prepared by me. He agreed and after the meal he left thanking me with kind words.

As I prepared to leave the hotel to go to Sri Lanka-my motherland the next day, I found out that my hotel bills have been paid by that Turkish man and a roll of bank notes summing up to 1000 riyal was left by the Turkish man with the receptionist for me.

I thanked God and prayed for that man and left Saudi Arabia to Sri lanka. It was that day that i realized that the best way to show courage is by Love.

This True Story was contributed by Fayaz Ahmed from Srilanka.

Dear FFJ Readers, if you have any True Story please share it with us at [email protected]

89 Responses to True Story – Happened in Makkah, Saudi Arabia!!

1. Abdullah February 5, 2012 at 8:40 AM #

a nice story….thanks a lot….i learnt a lot from it

2. Misk February 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM #

Such a lovely story…

3. Skeptic February 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM #

I would have believed the story if the Turkish person  had paid the rent and money directly to Srilankan gentleman. Trusting the hotel receptionist (a complete stranger) with money and rent is unthinkable. The receptionist could have kept the money and rent for himself and demanded the rent from the Srilankan Gentleman.

• Fayazahamed57 February 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM #

May Allah grant all his servents the straight path, in makkah all men fear god and would never even think of taking someone elses money.

I would like to narrate an incident that happened once in Arabia, my mother brought some jewellary and accidently left them at the shop, after a day when she remembered about them she went to the jewellers to find them were she left them. So that proves the honesty of men living in Arabia, it is in there blood.

4. Engineer February 4, 2012 at 9:03 AM #

Thank you Fayaz for sharing such a powerful story.
    And thank you Sara for your amazing efforts to spread humanity to humans.
    May Allah reward you for efforts in this world and hereafter.

5. Abubakarsadiq65 February 4, 2012 at 8:42 AM #

Allah is always with those who are patient. Allahu Akbar! Allah is Great.

6. Mubarek Alamin85 February 3, 2012 at 1:51 PM #

Yea some time I like pepsi Products!

7. HAIDER ALI786 February 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM #

Subhan Allah good one sara

8. Mohdmohdakram February 3, 2012 at 6:15 AM #

Subhanallah

9. Ibrahim Wangde February 3, 2012 at 6:04 AM #

What a beautiful factual occurrence ladies and gentlemen.  Today is Friday and I must say mere reading it has made my day.  I am aware that Allah’s bounty abouds everywhere but harem is a place where it is limitless. Every one knows that this spiritual place has a lot on offer, but when we do something with good intensions and purely for the sake of Allah, for sure, prayers are answered.  May Allah have mercies on true Muslims and Ummah.3/2/2012
    [email protected]

10. Sana Khan February 3, 2012 at 6:03 AM #

i was pleased by reading your incidence….

sana khan

11. Muhammad Akhlaq February 3, 2012 at 4:20 AM #

This is the way, rightly guided by Islam. Well done brother, surely you are the true follower of Prophet S.A.W.

12. Saheedpp February 3, 2012 at 3:50 AM #

Ma’shah Allah !!!
    Astonishing !!! Allah is the pious !!! May Allah gather all of us in the blissful Jannah !!!

13. mahdi February 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM #

???? ??? ??? ????? ??????? ????? ???? ?? ???? ??????? ????????? ?????? ?? ????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ?? ?? ???????? ?????? ????? ??? ??? ?? ???? ?? ???? ??? ??? ?? ????? ???? ???????. ??? ???? ????? “:???? ???? ??????? ??? ??? ???? ???? ??? ??? ??? ???? ??? ???? ?? ????…..????? ” ??? ?????? ??? ???? ?? ??? ??? ???? ??? ?? ???? ?? ???? ???? ?? ?? ??????? ??? ???? ?????:” ???? ???? ????? ??? ???? ???? ???? ???? ?????? ??? ???? , ?????????? ?? ???????? ?? ????? ?????? “. ????? ??? ?? ???????? ?????? ???????? ?????? ??? ?? ????????

14. ASIF KHAN February 2, 2012 at 6:35 PM #

This world needs people like that kind man

15. Alami February 2, 2012 at 5:49 PM #

soubhana llah, …..

16. tha_s_hir February 2, 2012 at 5:13 PM #

Masha’ALLah…

17. Humayundaud February 2, 2012 at 5:04 PM #

beautiful …

18. Syed Mazhar Hussain February 2, 2012 at 4:32 PM #

Truely…
    Forgiveness wins….

19. Shameel February 2, 2012 at 4:16 PM #

mashallah ,,nice story:)n um a sri lankan too:D

20. Mubeena February 2, 2012 at 4:03 PM #

Subhanallah….

21. cant4getu February 2, 2012 at 3:41 PM #

Subhanallah! This is love and gift from Allah swt!
    These stories make a me a better believer in Allah swt and how loving He is to His servants. =)
    -Junedayz

22. Tariq Khan February 2, 2012 at 2:56 PM #

Love is everything. May Allah give us taufeeq to love His creations.

23. Hafsa February 2, 2012 at 2:23 PM #

This story is excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Michael February 2, 2012 at 2:22 PM #

As salamu alaykum. I find this story to be very moving. Allah Ta’ala answers our duas. In this case the brother was tested and then got his dua answered. The story brought out good spiritual qualities of both parties. Go easy on the brother for using the word “God” the Creator. You know who he is talking about.  Those who are not
    muslims will find benefit too.

25. shadi alshorman February 2, 2012 at 1:50 PM #

there is no doubt for that , Be with Allah and you will see Allah is with u.

26. Hashmath February 2, 2012 at 1:47 PM #

Mashaa Allaah, Subhaanallaah, Allaahu Akbar!!! My heart was moved by this incident! May Allaah make us follow my lovely Islaam of my lovely Prophet! Aameen! May Allaah protect us from Ittayba An Nafsis Shaitwaan! Aameen!

27. ABDULLA NOORANI February 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM #

Intead of God Please say ALLAH (in capital). may ALLAH give you reward in AKHERA for controlling your anger and forgiving your brother LILLAH. ALLAHU AKBER

28. Sanabham February 2, 2012 at 1:05 PM #

SubhanAllah this is a beautiful story. It also shows the importance & benefits of controlling one’s anger.

Sara, as an avid reader of your posts, I was wondering why don’t you use Allah instead of God? I think the stories will have a deeper meaning that way.

• Sara February 2, 2012 at 2:04 PM #

Your point is right Sanabham. But you see we have people from different countries,backgrounds & beliefs. Hence I use the word God so that people don’t become biased while reading.Being generic helps them get the message & spirit of the story as well. Hope you understand !

• Sanabham February 2, 2012 at 11:04 PM #

Yes, I understand what you mean, & you probably are correct. But I was thinking that many of these inspirational stories get forwarded, and many people (mostly Non-Muslim) who already have a bad impression about Islam would automatically presume that such wonderful stories cannot be about/from Muslims (unless it’s obvious). But with Allah in ‘some’ stories, it might incline others to look into this religion, & remove the doubts if it’s an Islamic story or not, inshaAllah.

But really mashaAllah you are already doing a wonderful job, & may Allah give you loads of ajar for it.

Sana

• Muhammad Siddique2 February 3, 2012 at 5:07 AM #

Dear Sara,
        Thanks your kind comment, I also request, please No change word “Allah”

• Usman February 3, 2012 at 7:09 PM #

I completely agree with you Sara, anyhow Allah s.w.t has nothing to do with just a name, call him with a true heart the way you like and sooner or later he will surely answer.. no doubt Allah s.w.t is the most gracious most merciful.. 🙂

29. SALAH UD DIN February 2, 2012 at 11:59 AM #

When you are in ALLAH’s home, you are a guest of ALLAH. So ALLAH gives you whatever you ask HIM or even desire, For HE knows what’s inside the hearts. Subhaan’ALLAH..

30. SALAH UD DIN February 2, 2012 at 11:59 AM #

31. Anonymous February 2, 2012 at 11:31 AM #

Fayaz you were able to control your rage. This was effect of Umarh. HE knows the best.

32. Asad Ullah February 2, 2012 at 11:12 AM #

When you will do all things as as per God’s will, God will set all things as per your will : ) !

33. Andrew Philip February 2, 2012 at 11:11 AM #

God is greate, be patient when u get angry.

34. Abdul Gafoor Syed February 2, 2012 at 10:55 AM #

SubhanAllah, tears of happiness for both the brothers 🙂
    It is this Brotherhood which would revive Islam and give Humanity a chance on Earth.
    The Very reason why we see the Sun still rising from the East and the Earth rotating by Allah’s Permission.

35. Kolomuhammed February 2, 2012 at 10:28 AM #

Masha Allah, tabara kal-Lah. No wander the Prophet of Islam commands us not to get annoyed but rather submit to reality of life by supplicating for the blessing therin in a calamity and seek refuge in its negative tendencies.

36. asharaf kuzhivilayil February 2, 2012 at 10:18 AM #

gud charactor and deals will be rewardable from almighty….

37. Ahmad February 2, 2012 at 10:04 AM #

Allah ask: “Hal jazaaa’ul ihsaani illal ‘ihsaan – Is there any Reward for Good other than Good?” (Q55:60)

38. Guest February 2, 2012 at 10:04 AM #

can you send me his adress pl,s  jazaak alllah kheer .my name….Ismail zein my e.mail ([email protected])

39. Muhammad Siddique2 February 2, 2012 at 9:56 AM #

Allah the Almighty Said:
    “And whoever fears Allah – He will make for him a way out .
    And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whoever relies upon Allah – then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent “

40. Akthar_be February 2, 2012 at 9:45 AM #

Alhamdhulillah

41. Musamahmooder February 2, 2012 at 9:09 AM #

Good deeds and evil deeds are not alike,
    Do good and surely good will come to you.
    MashaAllah

42. Mudassirkhan_77 February 2, 2012 at 9:04 AM #

Alhamdulillah…….

43. Syed Mohammad February 2, 2012 at 9:02 AM #

Subha Allah

44. Noumannasir February 2, 2012 at 8:51 AM #

Subhan Allah…..

45. Sanigg February 2, 2012 at 8:48 AM #

Mashaa Allah. Allahu Akbar.

46. Eloseryi February 2, 2012 at 8:47 AM #

Wish every follow this good example; to control his anger, forgive others, and do good for  them. That is what Islam teachings; per Quran and prophet Muhammad Sunnah; call people to do. Thank you for this good moral event.

• Eloseryi February 2, 2012 at 8:49 AM #

Wish everyone follow this good example; to control his anger, forgive others, and do good for  them. That is what Islam teachings; per Quran and prophet Muhammad Sunnah; call people to do. Thank you for this good moral event.

47. Amjad February 2, 2012 at 7:59 AM #

every thing is good but try to write God Or Allah with caps. in you story u write God with small letter thats not good.

48. Khaja Hameed February 2, 2012 at 7:55 AM #

Mashaallah

49. Faheem February 2, 2012 at 7:26 AM #

MASHAALLAH, if you ask ALLAH with true heart, you will get it for sure. May ALLAH bless you and all Muslim brothers with the Best, Aameen

• Hameed February 8, 2012 at 5:48 AM #

Summa Aameen.

50. Dastagird February 2, 2012 at 6:09 AM #

Mashallah, Allah Kareem. Really no words to comment this.