Richest 80 people in the world revealed…
and 35 of them are American citizens
The combined wealth of the 80 richest billionaires is the same amount as that of the bottom 50% of the Earth’s population, Oxfam said in a new report
Eight of the top ten wealthiest billionaires are American
Oxfam found a steep drop and that 388 billionaires had the same amount of money as the bottom 50% of the Earth’s population in 2010
The charity’s report also said that the richest 1 percent of the population will own more than half the world’s wealth by 2016
‘By 2014, the 80 people who top the Forbes rich list had a collective wealth of $1.9tn,’ the charity’s report said.
According to the Forbes list, the five wealthiest people in the world are
- Bill Gates (net worth $76 billion)
- Carlos Slim Helu (net worth $72 billion)
- Amancio Ortega (net worth $64 billion)
- Warren Buffett (net worth $58.2 billion)
- Larry Ellison (net worth $48 billion).