2. One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.
3. A proverb is to speech what salt is to food.
4. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
5. If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
6. The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
7. Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks.
8. Men’s best successes come after their disappointments.
9. Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
10. Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
11. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
12. Time is a physician which heals every grief.